Mission & Vision
We the community of St. John Chrysostom School, professing our faith in our Savior Jesus Christ and His Church, are committed to the process and goals of Catholic Education. We recognize and respect that we are co-educators with the parents, who are the primary educators of their children. To support this team, we strive to provide a faith-filled and caring environment in which our professional skills, personal talents and the example of our lives will enable our students to grow in the following ways: spiritually, intellectually, socially, psychologically, physically, technologically, ecologically, and culturally. This environment will encourage the students to become confident, committed, self-disciplined, life-long developing Christians whose responsible participation in society will reflect their reverence for all life.
Student Learning Expectations
St. John Chrysostom Students are Catholic Christians who:
- Know, celebrate and give witness to the basic truths and traditions of the Catholic faith.
- Possess a willing spirit of service and an awareness of social justice issues.
- Show love for God and gratitude for God’s gifts through an active prayer life.
Life-long learners who:
- Think creatively and critically and aim for excellence in all academic areas.
- Show a good work ethic by setting goals, designing a plan of action, and seeing their projects though to completion.
- Connect academic learning to life experiences.
- Use technology responsibly to develop skills in listening and communication.
Catholic leaders who:
- Set examples of compassion, honesty and self-discipline.
- Use their inner moral standard to make ethical decisions.
- Work as team players by using their unique gifts and talents and appreciating those of others.
Globally aware citizens who:
- Take pride in their culture, appreciate the cultures of others and are aware of the larger world.
- Develop a sense of connection, awe, an respect for all creation and the natural world.